Chef de partie at The Restaurant at Poplar Grove
The team and Poplar Grove is looking for talented, dedicated, and hard-working Chef de Parties to join us for an amazing 2024 season. Under the leadership of Chefs Stacy Johnston and Minette Lotz, our chef de parties’ work closely with us to create food that reflects the changing seasons and delicious things the Okanagan valley has to offer. We are looking for hard working, dedicated cooks who want to learn, discover, and help us raise the bar of the local culinary scene. We look forward to working with you!
Basic Duties include:
- Reports to Executive Chef and Chef de Cuisine
- Responsible for preparations, production, and cooking of all menu items to exacting standards
- Works closely with culinary team to ensure stations are ready for service
- Audits prepared products to ensure quality standards are being met
- Write accurate prep and order lists
- Runs their station with the highest level of skill, cleanliness, and efficiency
- Uses kitchen equipment safely and asks questions when unsure about new processes
- Keeps their station and the kitchen clean and beyond requirement standards
- Promotes and maintains respectful and positive communication with all team members, guests and the public.
- Works with a positive, professional attitude and is committed to an atmosphere of creation and respect
- Performs other duties as required
- One staff meal provided each shift
- Staff accommodation available
- Full time hours available
- Competitive industry wages of $18-22 per hour based on experience with participation in the tip pool
- Opportunities to learn and advance into other kitchen positions
If you are interested in applying please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and cover letter.