Poplar Grove Tasting Room Steward
At POPLAR GROVE, we curate unforgettable guest experiences. Our Tasting
Room Stewards assist with the daily operations and provide a high level of
customer service in fulfilling a variety of tasks with exceptional attention to detail. This is a full-time seasonal position.
If you are seeking an exciting role at the forefront of BC’s most dynamic tourism hospitality area and if you love hospitality – we want you!
- Setting up tasting pods with necessary supplies
- Setting up and tearing down glassware and service items for Tasting Room and Hospitality programs
- Assisting tasting room associates with additional cleanup as needed
- Operating commercial dishwasher and delivering clean glasses to tasting pods as needed
- Providing on-site aesthetic, tidiness and functional maintenance for the tasting room and public areas to the highest standard of quality, i.e., ensuring all guest-facing areas are clean, functional and always stocked
- Providing knowledgeable and courteous responses to guest questions, complaints and problems promptly and graciously. Resolving all issues to the customer's satisfaction. Referring to management as appropriate.
- Assisting guests with transporting purchases to their vehicle
- Helping with receiving and storing of wine or merchandise, tagging merchandise, keeping storerooms neat and organized
- Assisting with quarterly wine club packaging and shipping
- Complying with Poplar Grove sustainability policies and practices which are economically viable, socially acceptable and environmentally sound. This is done for conservation, energy efficiency, and recycling, which are critical for our operations.
- Strong team-oriented work ethic; able to work cooperatively and pleasantly with colleagues
- Excellent time-management skills; ability to prioritize responsibilities and to multi-task
- Neat and organized work habits; reliable and dependable
- 1-2 years' experience in a high-volume, luxury retail, restaurant or hospitality environment
- Able to follow safe operating procedures and policies to safeguard personal safety, company property, environmental and team member's safety
- Over 19 years old
- Education: High School diploma required
- Serving it Right certification
- Available to work evenings, weekends and holidays
- Able to stand and walk for long periods and lift to 50 pounds repeatedly
- Must have a valid driver’s license
Position starts May 1 to mid-October. Competitive wage plus incentives.
Applications will be accepted only by email with cover letter and resume attached. Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and do not paste your cover letter and resume into the body of your email. No calls or drop offs, please.
Thank you for your interest in this position, however only eligible candidates will be contacted.