Poplar Grove Tasting Room Associate Position
At POPLAR GROVE, we curate unforgettable guest experiences. Our Tasting
Room Associates provide gracious customer service in all areas: welcome
guests, educate, and present the wine portfolio and elevated experiences in a relaxed and friendly setting.
If you are seeking an exciting role at the forefront of BC’s most dynamic tourism hospitality area and if you love hospitality and have a contagious enthusiasm for wine – we want you!
You’ll work in a fast-paced, seasonal team environment. The role demands seamless and gracious hospitality, well-honed wine knowledge, and an adept focus on selling our ultra-premium wines.
- Promoting the sale of wine, giftware, and exceptional tasting experiences
- Enhancing our company and estate image
- Tasting Room opening and closing duties, including daily cash reconciliation and inventory
- Promoting Wine Club memberships to guests
- Collecting names and email addresses for future contact
- Maintaining a clean and welcoming tasting room
- Performing sales transactions using POS Systems and following transaction procedures accurately
- Assisting guests with transporting purchases to their vehicle or arranging for shipment or delivery
- Helping with special winery events, including wine and food service
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate with clarity and consistency
- Professional, self-motivated, organized and efficient
- Proven ability to effectively communicate with diverse client groups of varying sizes
- A natural host who is energized by educating and entertaining a wide variety of people in a lively and approachable manner
- Warm, welcoming and poised, especially under stress
- Able to multi-task in a fast-paced team environment
- Flexible and able to manage constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
- Successful track record in luxury sales, hospitality, and customer engagement
- Hospitality experience, preferably with a wine industry focus
- Professional appearance and polished demeanour
- Committed to excellence and high standards
- Over 19 years old
- Education: High School diploma required, college degree a plus
- CSW, WSET, CS or comparable certification a plus, Serving it Right certification
- Available to work evenings, weekends and holidays
- Able to stand and walk for long periods and lift to 50 pounds repeatedly
- Proficiency in Point of Sales (POS) systems and basic computer skills preferred
Position starts May 1 to mid-October. Competitive wage plus incentives.
Applications will be accepted only by email with cover letter and resume attached. Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and do not paste your cover letter and resume into the body of your email. No calls or drop offs, please.
Thank you for your interest in this position, however only eligible candidates will be contacted.