Poplar Grove Winery Tasting Room & Restaurant
The team is taking every precaution to ensure the comfort and safety of our guests and our team. We have implemented the following safety and sanitation procedures and protocols to ensure that we do our part to prevent the spread of COVID-19 and keep our communities safe and healthy.
- No employee shall be permitted to work if they are ill, have travelled, or have been exposed to any person with COVID-19.
- A strict hygiene protocol is in place for all staff including proper and frequent hand washing with warm water and soap for a minimum of 20 seconds.
- A designated cleaner will be sanitizing all surfaces, door handles, and washrooms every 30 minutes.
- Signage to indicate appropriate distancing markers and directional traffic has been posted in the tasting room and restaurant to aid guests in maintaining appropriate distancing from staff and other guests.
- Hand sanitizer will be provided at several locations throughout the building for guests to use.
Starting July 1, 2020
Please follow the direction of our host before entering the winery. The host will instruct you on which tasting bar to go to, or if the bar is full, to wait outside. We are recommending that guests book their tasting in advance.
Group size will be restricted to 6. A group is defined as guests that are travelling together. If the group is bigger than 6, the group will need to divide.
Shields have been installed at the tasting bar to provide an additional barrier between the guests and staff member. Shields are cleaned front and back between guests.
The tasting room associate will be wearing gloves during the tasting and will change gloves between groups. All staff are required to thoroughly wash their hands between glove changes.
Guests will select from a list of available wines to try and the tasting room associate will pre-pour the wines they would like. This will allow the tasting room associate to step back and guide the guests through the wine tasting while maintaining an appropriate distance.
The Restaurant at Poplar Grove Winery
Starting June 5, 2020
We are looking forward to welcoming you back to the Restaurant at Poplar Grove.
Tables have been configured to be a minimum of 2 meters apart with extra space created to ensure pathways to exits and bathrooms can be accessed and guests can maintain appropriate distancing. We have reduced our capacity to ensure all guests can be seated and distanced from other tables.
Our maximum party size will be 6 for dine-in reservations as per the guidelines by our local authorities.
We are using single-use recyclable menus at this time to reduce contact.
Staff members will be wearing gloves to deliver food and clear tables. Gloves will be changed between tables and staff members are required to wash their hands thoroughly when changing gloves.
Tables and chairs will be thoroughly sanitized between guests.