Winery Harvest Assistant
CONTRACT DATE: Harvest 2020 – Start Aug 1st
Poplar Grove Winery is looking to hire a practical, hands-on person for harvest cellar work. This is a contract position with the possibility of longer-term employment for the right candidate.
- Undertake processing and cellar operations such as topping, racking, transferring, filtration, tank, and barrel cleaning.
- Perform basic laboratory analyses for fruit and juice.
- Receive and process incoming grapes.
- Keep areas and equipment sanitary.
Education and Work Experience
The candidate must be strongly interested in wine and wine quality; post-secondary education is beneficial. Previous winery work or vintage experience is advantageous but not mandatory.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Good practical abilities and sense of working efficiently with minimal supervision; understands that the most important tasks take priority
- Forklift license – can train the right candidate
- Ability to lift and/or carry up to 25kg
- Shows understanding of winemaking principles and has a good understanding of relevant chemistry and technology
- Strongly focused on wine quality and cleanliness
A careful, diligent, and thoughtful worker who works safely and assumes an attitude of ownership in the winery
A team player who strives towards overall goals of premium winery production
Hourly wage will be commensurate with experience.
How To Apply
Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or drop off in person at 425 Middle Bench Rd N, Penticton BC.