POSITION: Warehouse Assistant
Part Time: 9am – 1pm. Monday - Friday
CONTRACT DATE: July 1st 2016 - November 30th 201
Poplar Grove Winery is looking to hire a practical, hands-on person to assist with general warehouse and shipping duties. The position may, on occasion, require work to be performed outside the normal scope of job responsibilities and schedule.
- Daily shipping of orders – Tasting room, website, wine club other.
- Restocking wines, goods transferred between warehouses- stock returns etc.
- Inventory and stocking of packaging materials.
- Parking lot clean up, shovelling of snow.
- General cellar help as required.
- Vehicle/Facility upkeep and other general duties.
Education and Work Experience
Previous warehouse, winery work and experience with a forklift and a valid certificate highly desirable.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- good practical abilities and sense of working efficiently; understands that the most important tasks take priority
- forklift licence ( will train and certify for the right candidate )
- flexible and able to assist with other areas of the business from time to time including limited retail and event help
- ability to lift and/or carry up to 25kg
- Experience driving 1 ton pickups
- Valid driver’s license
- communicates well and works well in a small team
- strong written skills
- good record-keeping skills
- careful, diligent and thoughtful worker
- works safely
- team player, strives towards overall goals of winery production